Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Allow me to crow

You know, I really hate doing this but ... I've got my PSP and you haven't, na, na, na, na, na. Sorry, had to be done, etc.

After weeks (no, months) of badgering Sony PlayStation Ireland, they finally came up trumps (thanks, Maryse!) with a reviewer's model of the handheld everyone wants.

First impressions: it's terrific. Didn't actually spend long playing games (though Ridge Racer was soul-suckingly addictive) and occupied myself instead working through the ins and outs of getting music and video on board.

Sony certainly doesn't make it easy but the effort is worth it to watch TV on that fabulous four-inch screen (yes, it sounds pants but trust me, it's not). Take my advice: pre-book yours now, it will sell out on day one. And for good measure, find a 1GB Memory Stick Duo to make room for all that lovely multimedia.

It won't replace an iPod for music but soon buses and trains will be filled with hunched geeks watching downloaded telly. The PSP launches Europe-wide on September 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home